Anndy Lian, Intergovernmental Blockchain Advisor will be one of the judges at Online Roadshow “Fundraising in the Era of a Pandemic”.
“Thank you for the opportunity, it is my honor to be the judge. I believe I will see many familiar faces during the pitching competition. I would also like to take this chance to look at how companies are coping with their businesses. The fundraising process during this era of pandemic will not be easy. This pitching competition will help companies a long way, we can help finetune their business model, marketing processes and technology deployment. My team at DECENT will also be willing to lend their helping hand to empower startups.” Anndy Lian mentioned this to Blockcast.cc reporter.
Anndy is an all-rounded business strategist with more than 15 years of experience in Asia. He has provided advisory across a variety of industries for local, international and public listed companies. He is currently advising multiple governments and related entities in the region. Most recently, he is appointed as the ASIA CEO & Chairman for DECENT Group & DECENT Foundation. DECENT Group is a global company and has started its blockchain journey in 2015., providing an advanced blockchain ecosystem to help enterprises build decentralized applications, Block by Block.
The online pitching will start at 12:25 pm UK time. This is part of Blockchain Economic Forum (BEF) online roadshows. Brought to you by LATOKEN. The tagline on the website shows: “BEF ROADSHOWS, $80B FUNDS are now online”. This will bring in a lot of attention especially during the tough COVID19 times.
12:00 pm UK time • Panel discussion: Fundraising in the Era of a Pandemic
– What are the most promising niches, sectors for starting a business in the current environment?
– Which opportunities different types of investors look for?
– Can retail investors substitute institutional money when markets shut down?
– Do you expect a pick-up of interest in investing in consolidation/roll-up plays? Will there be an increase in distressed assets?
– Is the community of a startup going out of business an investable opportunity?
• Jeff Ransdell, Co-founder/Managing Director at Fuel Venture Capital
• Frank Steffen, Managing Director & Co-Founder, CapTec Partners
• Adrian Niculescu, Regional Director UK & Romania, Faster Capital
• Krzysztof Piech, Professor Lazarski University
• Daniel Mark Harrison, Founder and Managing Partner, Monkey Capital
12:25 pm UK time • Online Pitch Competition
12.25 pm – First project
12.30 pm – Second project
12.35 pm – Third project
12.40 pm – Forth project
12:45 pm UK time • Feedback session from the investors & Winner Awards
Currently, he is appointed as the Chief Digital Advisor at Mongolia Productivity Organization, championing national digitization. Prior to his current appointments, he was the Chairman of BigONE Exchange, a global top 30 ranked crypto spot exchange and was also the Advisory Board Member for Hyundai DAC, the blockchain arm of South Korea’s largest car manufacturer Hyundai Motor Group. Lian played a pivotal role as the Blockchain Advisor for Asian Productivity Organisation (APO), an intergovernmental organization committed to improving productivity in the Asia-Pacific region.
An avid supporter of incubating start-ups, Anndy has also been a private investor for the past eight years. With a growth investment mindset, Anndy strategically demonstrates this in the companies he chooses to be involved with. He believes that what he is doing through blockchain technology currently will revolutionise and redefine traditional businesses. He also believes that the blockchain industry has to be “redecentralised”.