Anndy Lian spoke at ApeX Dex Talks Episode 9 on 9 November 2022. ApeX DeX Talks is a weekly fireside chat happening every Wednesday on ApeX Protocol’s official Twitter. The host used this segment to have real conversations on real decentralization with leading voices in the web3 space.
Anndy Lian is a Thought Leader, Investor & Best-Selling Author. His latest book titled NFT: From Zero to Hero is also well-accepted by the NFT community.
At the talk, the host and Anndy touched on the following:
– Let’s begin with an Introduction of yourself, and tell us more about your background in the crypto space. How long have you been active in crypto and what have your experiences been like so far?
– Sounds like you have been through a lot in this space. So Anndy, can you dive into the basics of NFTs and what is it usually used for in web3 at the moment?
– What other kinds of use cases do you think the technology of NFTs would be able to help with the real world? Do you think NFTs could eventually replace the traditional paper certificates of ownership like real estates, wills and legal documents?
– Could you share with us what are your thoughts on the future of NFTs and its relevance to the real world. When do you think mass adoption of NFTs would become a mainstream thing?
– We have seen a common occurrence in the NFT space where bots and snipers are constantly manipulating prices of NFT launches. Do you think that industry experts should be coming up with preventive measures to curb such actions or that this is actually healthy for the space?
– Do you think that NFTs have a chance in the eSports scene or any other gaming sectors? How do you think NFTs will be integrated and which projects are most likely to welcome NFTs to their ecosystem?
– Let’s talk about DEXes and why is it an indispensable part of DeFi:
We have all seen the recent saga between Binance and FTX, where FTX has announced that they are facing liquidity issues and their users may not be able to withdraw all their funds. What is your opinion on this and how could this have been avoided?
– What is your take on Decentralized exchanges? What do you think are some of the advantages offered by DEXes as opposed to their centralized counterparts?
– What are your thoughts on the ApeX Protocol?I know you have tried the product already, maybe you can share your thoughts with our listeners.
– Another question I would like to ask you that concerns AperX, as you know on ApeX Pro, the SBT ApeSoul will be used to establish a trader’s trading performance and reputation in a social trading model, erasing the need for manual verification via a centralized entity. Traders have full control over the creation of their ApeSouls.
ApeSouls are linked to a trader’s trading profile (DID — Digital Identity), which includes data such as trading volume, number of trades, open interest, ranking, profits and more. With this, ApeX Pro traders can make their foray into Web 3.0 social trading, where Principal Traders can be determined automatically on the protocol via the data locked on a trader’s unique ApeSoul.
What are your thoughts on using SBTs in social trading?
Anndy ended the talk by asking all to be cautious in the current crypto environment. “Always do your own research.”
Find out more about Dex Talks at Twitter @OfficialApexDex.
Anndy Lian is an early blockchain adopter and experienced serial entrepreneur who is known for his work in the government sector. He is a best selling book author- “NFT: From Zero to Hero” and “Blockchain Revolution 2030”.
Currently, he is appointed as the Chief Digital Advisor at Mongolia Productivity Organization, championing national digitization. Prior to his current appointments, he was the Chairman of BigONE Exchange, a global top 30 ranked crypto spot exchange and was also the Advisory Board Member for Hyundai DAC, the blockchain arm of South Korea’s largest car manufacturer Hyundai Motor Group. Lian played a pivotal role as the Blockchain Advisor for Asian Productivity Organisation (APO), an intergovernmental organization committed to improving productivity in the Asia-Pacific region.
An avid supporter of incubating start-ups, Anndy has also been a private investor for the past eight years. With a growth investment mindset, Anndy strategically demonstrates this in the companies he chooses to be involved with. He believes that what he is doing through blockchain technology currently will revolutionise and redefine traditional businesses. He also believes that the blockchain industry has to be “redecentralised”.