Ethereum Merge is a hotly anticipated and long-awaited upgrade.
The Merge represents the Ethereum network’s shift to proof-of-stake (PoS), its new system (also called a “consensus mechanism”) for authenticating crypto transactions. The reason the change from PoW to PoS is called “the Merge” is because the already running beacon chain will merge with the existing Ethereum mainnet chain.
On the other hand- The fork, commonly referred to as ETHPoW, will share the same transaction history as the main Ethereum network but start creating its own blocks. What does this mean to the market? Are we looking at more volatility?
Organizer: Blockcast (https://twitter.com/Blockcastcc)
Moderator: Scoot Tripp (https://twitter.com/Cryptobeast32)
Jenny Zheng, BD Lead of Bybit NFT
Anndy Lian, Book Author of NFT: From Zero to Hero
Leo, BitCoke Partner
Dr Z, Ethereum Fair Dev
Satoshi_song, Ethereum Fair Dev
Yu Han Wong, Strategy Advisor, Moledao
Pitbull Core Dev
1. The merger of Ethereum is getting closer (expected on the 13th to the 15th). Some uncertainties are reported from time to time, whether there will be a delay, and what will be the impact of the success or failure of the merger?
2. What should we pay attention to when Ethereum hard forks, and what opportunities will there be?
3. The Ethereum Foundation opposes the fork. What measures will they take to organize the fork, such as technical containment, will it have a substantial impact on the fork?
3. The fork is imminent, some exchanges have expressed their support, and many major ones are waiting to see. What advice do you have for the exchange holders?
4. As one of the hard fork chains, what progress has EthereumFair (ETF) made so far? What are the highlights compared to other fork chains?
5. Whether the stability of the mining pool computing power can be stabilized in a relatively short period of time (currently most mining pools fluctuate greatly)
6. What preparations do miners need to do to support POW?
7. After the successful fork of the ETF, what major plans and actions have the community made? Can you share your roadmap?
8. Where will miners move after Ethereum with their miners, what are your thoughts?
9 What risks will the Ethereum Merge pose, specifically in terms of stablecoins and forks?
Anndy Lian is an early blockchain adopter and experienced serial entrepreneur who is known for his work in the government sector. He is a best selling book author- “NFT: From Zero to Hero” and “Blockchain Revolution 2030”.
Currently, he is appointed as the Chief Digital Advisor at Mongolia Productivity Organization, championing national digitization. Prior to his current appointments, he was the Chairman of BigONE Exchange, a global top 30 ranked crypto spot exchange and was also the Advisory Board Member for Hyundai DAC, the blockchain arm of South Korea’s largest car manufacturer Hyundai Motor Group. Lian played a pivotal role as the Blockchain Advisor for Asian Productivity Organisation (APO), an intergovernmental organization committed to improving productivity in the Asia-Pacific region.
An avid supporter of incubating start-ups, Anndy has also been a private investor for the past eight years. With a growth investment mindset, Anndy strategically demonstrates this in the companies he chooses to be involved with. He believes that what he is doing through blockchain technology currently will revolutionise and redefine traditional businesses. He also believes that the blockchain industry has to be “redecentralised”.