Blockchain Fest is one of the major crypto and fintech events in Europe and Asia, bringing investors, developers, crypto enthusiasts and authoritative representatives from all over the world. Having taken place on Dec. 2 to 3 at the Luxury Parklane hotel in Limassol, Cyprus. Blockchain Fest gave professionals a chance to gather in one place and connect with each other.
Titled this year as “Cyprus as a global hub for the crypto industry,” the conference served as a platform for discussing the most recent matters in the crypto space. Topics discussed included the current dialogue between regulation authorities, companies and investors, as well as European regulations on crypto assets, regulatory impacts of the DeFi explosion, how blockchain technology is radically transforming the world, trends and forecasts in DeFi and CeFi, and whether NFTs are simply JPEGs or hold real value. The agenda was full of keynote speeches and panel discussions on the industry’s hottest topics.
The event provided a networking area where attendees could meet, converse and network with company representatives and keynote speakers. Companies provided a physical presence at the event by manning booths in the exhibition space, presenting their products and services to all attendees.
As in previous years, the annual Crypto Awards was held in accompaniment to Blockchain Fest’s Gala dinner. The list of winners of Crypto Awards 2021 are as follows:
- Best Trading Experience in MENA: Delta FX
- Best Blockchain Technology: Near Protocol
- Best CeFi Lending Platform: Celsius
- Best CEO in Blockchain and Crypto: Illia Polosukhin
- Best Crypto Business Platform: Blockster.com
- Best Payment Processing: NUVEI
- Best DeFi Lending Platform: Benqui
- Best Crypto Media in Asia: Block Tides
- Best Crypto News Global Platform: Cryptopolitan
- Best Crypto Exchange Vol (24h) >1 B: Binance
- Best Woman in Blockchain and Crypto: Myrtle Anne Ramos
- Best Crypto Advertising Platform: Blockwiz Solutions Limited
- Best Crypto Advisor: Anndy Lian
- Best Crypto Investor: Kyle White
- Best DeFi Exchange: Launchzone
- Best DeFi Fundraising: Launchpool
- Best DeFi Yield Farming BSC: Launchzone
- Best Exchange Vol (24h) >100 M: Mexc Global
- Best Asset Management: Block Asset Management
- Best Global Crypto Media: Blockcast.cc
- Best Crypto Speaker: Antoni Trenchev
- Best DeFi Technology: Endaoment
- Best Crypto Exchange Vol (24h)
- Best Wallet Mobile App: Zumo Money
Voting for next year’s awards will begin in January 2022 on the website.
This year’s Blockchain Fest was supported by Cyprus Blockchain Technologies — a nonprofit founded by leading companies, organizations and universities in Cyprus with the aim to promote blockchain technology; CIPA — the investment authority of the government of Cyprus dedicated to attracting and facilitating foreign direct investment into the country; Blockchain Alliance of Europe — a nonprofit organization connecting European companies and legal entities that use or implement blockchain technologies; INTABA — International Association for Trusted Blockchain Applications; and more than 50 other associations.
Blockchain Fest will continue on as a platform promoting blockchain technology and business opportunities therein, as well as providing networking space for both enthusiasts and experts.
Future Blockchain Fest conferences will take place in Cyprus and Singapore in 2022. Stay tuned and follow the event websites!
The Blockchain Fest event was produced by Finexpo, an event organizer with 20 years experience in global events.
Anndy Lian is an early blockchain adopter and experienced serial entrepreneur who is known for his work in the government sector. He is a best selling book author “Blockchain Revolution 2030”.
Currently, he is appointed as the Chief Digital Advisor at Mongolia Productivity Organization, championing national digitization. Prior to his current appointments, he was the Chairman of BigONE Exchange, a global top 30 ranked crypto spot exchange and was also the Advisory Board Member for Hyundai DAC, the blockchain arm of South Korea’s largest car manufacturer Hyundai Motor Group. Lian played a pivotal role as the Blockchain Advisor for Asian Productivity Organisation (APO), an intergovernmental organization committed to improving productivity in the Asia-Pacific region.
An avid supporter of incubating start-ups, Anndy has also been a private investor for the past eight years. With a growth investment mindset, Anndy strategically demonstrates this in the companies he chooses to be involved with. He believes that what he is doing through blockchain technology currently will revolutionise and redefine traditional businesses. He also believes that the blockchain industry has to be “redecentralised”.