Metaverse is a much talked about topic nowadays. Technology has a symbiotic relationship with the world, and humans’ interaction with technology constantly gets disrupted with new innovations. The future of the Internet and the vision of it being the Metaverse has definitely a potential for disruptive change to the way we live, work and play. The race is on for businesses looking to have a stake in building and positioning themselves for the arrival of the future. As this will be the next battleground for cloud computing, evolving your cloud strategy and tools will be the first step to lead you to this new frontier. This panel will discuss:
– Defining the metaverse and reasons why we are pursuing it
– Importance of cloud infrastructure in the concept
– How should technologies evolve to support the realisation of this concept
The speakers’ lineup includes:
– Lim May-Ann, Executive Director, Asia Cloud Computing Association (moderator)
– Anndy Lian, Chairman, BigONE Exchange; Chief Digital Advisor, Mongolian Productivity Organization
– Lionel Chok, Chief Metaverse Officer, Hatten Edge Pte Ltd (Subsidiary of Hatten Land Ltd)
– Dr. Khoo Eng Tat, Principal Investigator, Immersive Reality Lab, National University of Singapore
The theme of the event is Accelerate Business Agility Through Cloud and some of the topics that form the 2022 programme include:
Digital Infrastructure: Fast, Agile, Resilient, Sustainable
– AI in Cloud Computing
– Hybrid Cloud Strategy
– Imagine the Future (Metaverse)
– The Rise of Serverless: IT-as-a-Service
– Work Productivity
– Data Management
Anndy Lian is an early blockchain adopter and experienced serial entrepreneur who is known for his work in the government sector. He is a best selling book author- “NFT: From Zero to Hero” and “Blockchain Revolution 2030”.
Currently, he is appointed as the Chief Digital Advisor at Mongolia Productivity Organization, championing national digitization. Prior to his current appointments, he was the Chairman of BigONE Exchange, a global top 30 ranked crypto spot exchange and was also the Advisory Board Member for Hyundai DAC, the blockchain arm of South Korea’s largest car manufacturer Hyundai Motor Group. Lian played a pivotal role as the Blockchain Advisor for Asian Productivity Organisation (APO), an intergovernmental organization committed to improving productivity in the Asia-Pacific region.
An avid supporter of incubating start-ups, Anndy has also been a private investor for the past eight years. With a growth investment mindset, Anndy strategically demonstrates this in the companies he chooses to be involved with. He believes that what he is doing through blockchain technology currently will revolutionise and redefine traditional businesses. He also believes that the blockchain industry has to be “redecentralised”.