Filecoin is making the web more secure and efficient with a decentralized data storage marketplace, protocol, and cryptocurrency. They are here in Singapore during the Token 2049 week to bring more Web 3.0 people together at their flagship event FIL-Singapore Summit.
It’s the perfect opportunity to connect with developers, storage providers, ecosystem partners, investors, and clients across the entire Filecoin ecosystem.
At one of the panel discussions, experts discussed the topic- NFTs, The Bridge between Web 2.0 and Web 3.0. The panellists lineup includes YC (Business Development Manager, Moledao), Anndy Lian (Author, NFT: from Zero to Hero), Jenny Zheng (BD Lead, BYBIT NFT), Guangmian (Integrations and Partnerships Lead, Kleros and Faye (Founder, Unschul).
They looked into topics such:
The fundamentals of NFTs
– As the interest in NFTs drops significantly with the bear market, how do you think we move forward from here?
– What are the existing utility of NFTs and how are they valuable?
“For corporations who are entering into the NFT space. They do not have the right tools and people. There are a lot of things that need to be done. If you are going to a decentralised marketplace, no one can also help you. If you come to a centralized marketplace like Bybit, we have tools that can help you make your NFTs happen.” Jenny Zheng commented.
Brands and Corporations Entering the NFT space
– Why do you think large brands such as Marvel, Disney, Adidas, Pepsi, LV and celebrities such as Snoop Dogg, Eminem and Jimmy Fallon are getting involved with NFTs?
– How does the use of NFTs as a technology disrupt existing institutional systems and applications?
“Brands can use NFT to build their relationship with their users.” YC mentioned.
Future outlook of NFTs as we move from Web 2.0 to Web 3.0
– NFTs have received a lot of resistance in terms of acceptance. Why do you think that is happening, and what will it take for mass adoption of NFTs?
– What do you think about some of the ways that liquidity can be added to NFTs, whether in terms of NFT collateralised loans, AMMs, or derivatives like futures on NFTs?
– What do you think will be the next big trend in NFTs?
“I really hope to see more AAA games entering the NFT market. I think the driving force for the next wave will be led by NFT.” Anndy Lian added too.
FIL-Singapore is a collaborative four-day event hosted by the Filecoin community in Asia. There will be a Filecoin Summit and many independently hosted events including meetups, workshops, a hackathon and happy hours throughout the week.
Anndy Lian is an early blockchain adopter and experienced serial entrepreneur who is known for his work in the government sector. He is a best selling book author- “NFT: From Zero to Hero” and “Blockchain Revolution 2030”.
Currently, he is appointed as the Chief Digital Advisor at Mongolia Productivity Organization, championing national digitization. Prior to his current appointments, he was the Chairman of BigONE Exchange, a global top 30 ranked crypto spot exchange and was also the Advisory Board Member for Hyundai DAC, the blockchain arm of South Korea’s largest car manufacturer Hyundai Motor Group. Lian played a pivotal role as the Blockchain Advisor for Asian Productivity Organisation (APO), an intergovernmental organization committed to improving productivity in the Asia-Pacific region.
An avid supporter of incubating start-ups, Anndy has also been a private investor for the past eight years. With a growth investment mindset, Anndy strategically demonstrates this in the companies he chooses to be involved with. He believes that what he is doing through blockchain technology currently will revolutionise and redefine traditional businesses. He also believes that the blockchain industry has to be “redecentralised”.