“Understanding Blockchain after Hype” is an event organised by Wealth Secrets in partnership with www.blockcast.cc, www.blockreview.net and TWOgether. The organisations came together to share insights and clarify myths and tales behind blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies. They will also address trends in the industry.
The panel of experts consist of Jenny Zheng – Co-founder Blockcast.cc; Anndy Lian – Intergovernmental Blockchain Advisor; Davy Goh – Founder Passion Venture Capital and
Dr. ir Johannes (JD) Drooghaag – CEO Spearhead Management. Hosted by Nana Kay and The,Myst from Wealth Secrets Podcast.
The panel has answered the following questions:
1. In your own terms, what is the blockchain?
2. What are the main benefits of using blockchain technology?
3. What are the key challenges in the way of adopting blockchain technology?
4. A) Could you briefly take us through the three main types of blockchain technology (permission-less, public systems; private, permissioned systems; and hybrid systems)?
4. B) What are the use cases for each of these systems?
5. Do you believe that blockchain can only achieve its true potential if cryptocurrency goes mainstream? Or, is it possible for the blockchain to thrive independently of cryptocurrency?
6. With Tesla, Bank of New York Mellon, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank and a host of other institutional players accepting cryptocurrencies, is the digital currency movement well on its way to going mainstream, or is there a long way still to go?
7. A) What are the global jurisdictions that are taking a lead in the adoption of blockchain technology? Thoughts on countries rejecting Bitcoin and other crypto//blockchain projects?
7. B) What could be Bitcoin’s Achilles heel? Will it be sustainable considering its energy demands?
8. The recent Blockchain Africa conference held by Bitcoin Events delivered an optimistic outlook for the cryptocurrency and blockchain space in the continent as the world settles into a new normal dictated by COVID-19. Do you think the continent will be able to reap the benefits of leapfrogging in the area of blockchain, similar to what it did in mobile payments with M-Pesa?
9. Is Blockchain living up the hype? Final Thoughts?
Anndy Lian is an early blockchain adopter and experienced serial entrepreneur who is known for his work in the government sector. He is a best selling book author- “NFT: From Zero to Hero” and “Blockchain Revolution 2030”.
Currently, he is appointed as the Chief Digital Advisor at Mongolia Productivity Organization, championing national digitization. Prior to his current appointments, he was the Chairman of BigONE Exchange, a global top 30 ranked crypto spot exchange and was also the Advisory Board Member for Hyundai DAC, the blockchain arm of South Korea’s largest car manufacturer Hyundai Motor Group. Lian played a pivotal role as the Blockchain Advisor for Asian Productivity Organisation (APO), an intergovernmental organization committed to improving productivity in the Asia-Pacific region.
An avid supporter of incubating start-ups, Anndy has also been a private investor for the past eight years. With a growth investment mindset, Anndy strategically demonstrates this in the companies he chooses to be involved with. He believes that what he is doing through blockchain technology currently will revolutionise and redefine traditional businesses. He also believes that the blockchain industry has to be “redecentralised”.