The summit has brought together founders and executives from leading crypto and financial enterprises, academic institutions, policy-makers, and enthusiasts from around the globe. They will explore frontier issues concerning fintech, cryptocurrencies, Metaverse, NFTs, Web3 infrastructure, and their development opportunities.
The panel titled “Web3 Infrastructure: The Present and Future” is moderated by Anndy Lian and with a panel of expert guests:
– Alex Svanevik | Nansen CEO
– Jan Camenisch | DFINITY Foundation CTO
– Marouen Zelleg | Strategic Sales Director – ConsenSys
– Zuriel | Photon Storage CEO
1. The panel started off with a quick introduction of each panelist.
2. This is the question for Alex. As we all know, Data is the crucial part and the essential infrastructure of the digital economy, with its value amplified in web3 significantly. So, Nasen is the leading data service company and plays a vital role in the space. What do you think about the part of data in web3? And how do you generate more value from the data on the blockchain?
3. The next question goes to Marouen. Consensys has been a pioneer in building Web3 infrastructure, and Metamask is one of the most popular wallets in crypto, with 30 million MAU. So my question is, do you think the wallets will be the core way for referral traffic in Web3? And can you share with us that besides Metamask, do you have any other layout in building Web3 infrastructure?
4. The public chains are the base of Web3. It has developed for years and now is a highly competitive market. Jan Camenisch and Zuriel, could you please share with us how you position your public chains in Web3? And do you have any plans to promote the public chain ecosystem?
5. This is the question for all. As for the native Web3 projects and the Web3 project transformed from the traditional industry, which one do you think is more promising? And why?
6. This is the last question and it is also for all of you. Actually, Web3 is a grand vision. So how do you think of developing the infrastructure in Web3 for the next two or three years? And how long does it take to get to the real Web3 era?
The GWEI Summit 2022 is a bilingual and hybrid event that aims to foster collaboration and communication for practitioners from East and West. It promises to provide attendees with the latest updates and comprehensive information on Web3.
Anndy Lian is an early blockchain adopter and experienced serial entrepreneur who is known for his work in the government sector. He is a best selling book author- “NFT: From Zero to Hero” and “Blockchain Revolution 2030”.
Currently, he is appointed as the Chief Digital Advisor at Mongolia Productivity Organization, championing national digitization. Prior to his current appointments, he was the Chairman of BigONE Exchange, a global top 30 ranked crypto spot exchange and was also the Advisory Board Member for Hyundai DAC, the blockchain arm of South Korea’s largest car manufacturer Hyundai Motor Group. Lian played a pivotal role as the Blockchain Advisor for Asian Productivity Organisation (APO), an intergovernmental organization committed to improving productivity in the Asia-Pacific region.
An avid supporter of incubating start-ups, Anndy has also been a private investor for the past eight years. With a growth investment mindset, Anndy strategically demonstrates this in the companies he chooses to be involved with. He believes that what he is doing through blockchain technology currently will revolutionise and redefine traditional businesses. He also believes that the blockchain industry has to be “redecentralised”.